Classrooms are a way of organizing students and teachers. Our billing structure is based on the number of active students, so there is no limit to the number of classrooms you may create. In addition to your everyday classrooms (i.e. Primary, Lower Elementary, Upper Elementary, etc.), you may also wish to utilize the classroom feature for specialty programs such as Music, Art, Language, Before Care, After Care, etc. Both students and teachers can be assigned to multiple classrooms and each classroom can maintain it's own attendance, lesson plans, observations, etc.
Click <More> and select <Classrooms>. Then click the “New Classroom” button.
- Enter a name for the classroom. (REQUIRED)
- Select the days of the week for the classroom. If the classroom is not in session on a certain day, simply uncheck it. A classroom must have at least one day checked.
- Select the default arrival/departure time for the classroom.
- Select the default attendance time. The default time can be pulled from either the Student Profile or the Classroom Profile. Student Profile = each student has his/her own individual arrival and departure times as specified in that student's profile. Classroom Profile = each student has the same arrival and departure times, as specified in the Classroom Profile. This setting is designed to make attendance even easier by auto-populating default times, but arrival/departure times can be adjusted at any point.
- Select the Cycle Years associated with the classroom. Each lesson in the Scope & Sequence is carefully tagged to cycle years. Assigning cycle years to the classroom will determine the lessons in the curriculum for that classroom that will be available for planning and record keeping. (e.g., Primary = PK1, PK2, K; Lower Elementary = 1st, 2nd, 3rd). If your school uses different cycle year terminology, this can be edited later. You may edit cycle years assigned to a classroom at any time. (REQUIRED)
- Click the "Save Changes" button. (REQUIRED)
Assigning Teachers to a Classroom
Assigning a teacher to a classroom is necessary in order for him/her to access their students and record activity. If you haven't done so already, you will need to create a user profile for the Teacher (learn how to create a teacher profile) and then assign him/her to a classroom.
- Click <More> and then <Classrooms> to return to the main list of classrooms.
- Click “Edit Classroom Profile” to make changes to the desired classroom.
- Scroll to the bottom of the classroom edit page and locate the dropdown list of users. You will find both teacher and administrative users.
- To add a teacher user to the classroom, select the teacher name and click the "Assign" button. (If you wish to remove a teacher from the classroom, click the "Detach" link.)
*If an Administrator would like to see Planned Lessons for any/all classrooms on their calendar, you can assign him/her to the classroom(s) as a "Teacher." Otherwise, it is not necessary to do this since Administrators automatically have access to all aspects of every classroom in your account.
Related article: Archive and Restore/Delete a Classroom