Attach a Parent to Their Child
Before a parent can access information about their child, you will need to attach them to their child's Student Profile on the Family Tab. If you have imported your students and parents via spreadsheet, parents are automatically attached to their child(ren) in the process. To attach a parent that you have added manually:
- Go to <More/Student Profiles> and select a student by clicking on their name.
- Then, go to the "Family" tab.
- Select the Parent/Guardian name from the dropdown menu (you may use the search tool to narrow down the list).
- Select a relationship (optional).
- Click the "Attach Parent/Guardian" button.
Once the parent's profile is attached to the child, he/she will be able to view anything you share that is related to this student and his/her classroom(s). This includes messages, calendar events, photo albums, Activity Reports, and Progress Reports.
If a parent has more than 1 child in your school, the parent's profile will need to be attached to each of their children's Student Profiles individually. You can also add multiple Parent/Guardian users to each Student Profile. If you wish to revoke access to a user, click the "Detach" link. That Parent/Guardian will no longer be able to view any information regarding that student.