Add Teachers and Other Administrators
One of the first 2 steps in setting up your new account is adding teachers and any other administrators that will be using or managing your MC account. There are no limitations on the number of users your account can have, whether during the trial period or after you've upgraded your account. Here's how to add new users:
- Go to <More/Users> and click the green "New User" button at the top.
- Select a role for this user (Administrator or Teacher). See below for a summary of the different roles or for a more detailed description of each, view the User Profile Roles Explained article.
- Enter the first and last name and email address of the new user.
- The default password of "password" is already entered for you. But, if you want to enter a unique password prior to sharing the login details with the user, you can do so now. Once logged in, the user can change his/her own password anytime.
- Remaining contact information is optional, and can be filled in by the user once they login to their new profile.
- Click the green "Save Changes" button at the bottom to create the new profile.
- Administrator users - school staff members that have access to everything. This means an administrator user can add/edit/delete students, classrooms, users, curriculum, etc. The only action an Administrator cannot make is to create/edit other Administrator profiles.
- Teacher users - school staff members that can only access a classroom and students to which he/she is assigned in MC. Teachers CAN be assigned to more than one classroom. Teachers can NOT create or edit student profiles, users, or curriculum. If you'd like a Teacher to have the ability to edit curriculum, you can check the box at the bottom of their profile page to make them a "Curriculum Editor."
- Parent/Guardian users - only have access to data that the school chooses to share with them - specifically related to their enrolled child(ren) and designated classroom(s). A parent/guardian must first be attached to a student profile in order to view information about that student.
- If you make a Teacher a "Curriculum Editor," remember that any changes made to the curriculum will be applied school-wide, and may affect other classrooms beside his/her own.
- You can send invitations to your Teachers and Administrators if you like, but it is not required. They simply need to know how to login. If you prefer, just let them know to visit www.montessoricompass.com/login, enter their email address as the username, and the password (default is "password" unless you changed it to a unique password already).