The biggest part of the setup process is adding your students and parents. However, if you're not planning to invite the parents to login right away, you can always add them in later. To get your teachers going with record keeping right away, the most important thing is to get the students added and assigned to their classrooms. Note: Only an Administrator can add or edit a Student Profile; Teachers do not have this ability.
You can either add your students directly into your account by entering each one manually, or you can choose to import them in bulk via spreadsheet. This article will go over how to do it manually, or you can learn how to Add Students and Parents in Bulk via Import.
To add a student to your account:
- Go to <More/Student Profiles> and click the green "Add Student" button at the top of the page.
- Enter the child's first and last name, gender, and birthdate.
- Check the box next to a classroom to assign the child to that classroom.
- We recommend selecting a cycle year for the student as well, but that is optional.
- Enter any other optional information you wish.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the green "Save Changes" button.
- If a student is not assigned to a classroom, he/she will automatically be placed in the "Unassigned" classroom.
- Assigning a cycle year to a student is optional, but will enable some record keeping short cuts and filtering options.