Step 1: Create a Classroom
If you have just started a new Montessori Compass trial account, the first thing you will need to do is create a classroom. We'll start by creating one here, but you can add as many classrooms as you like to your account, there are no limits.
- Go to <More/Classrooms> and click the green "New Classroom" button at the top.
- Enter a name for your classroom.
- Customize the days of the week and the start and end times that class is in session (optional).
- Default attendance times are the arrival and departure times automatically populated on the Attendance page for each student. If you want all students in this class to have the same arrival/departure times as you have entered for the start/end times of the classroom, then choose Classroom Profile for the Default Attendance Time. If you want each student to have their own custom arrival/departure times populated, based on their own unique schedule, then choose Student Profile for the Default Attendance Time.
- Check the boxes next to ALL cycle years that will be included in THIS classroom. This is what determines the lessons displayed in the classroom's record keeping pages. You can always make changes to this later.
- Enter the max capacity of students for this classroom (optional).
- Click the green "Save Changes" button to create the classroom.
The next step is to create a student, and then you'll be ready to test out our record keeping tools!